Monday, October 24, 2011

A weekend of completion

 I had a fabulously productive weekend. To start with, I finished THIS! And I couldn't be happier. I'll have to get some pictures of it on someone because this doesn't show the full effect of my fabulous, big, warm, cozy shawl.

I got a little obsessed with the feather and fan "border". I based the shawl on a pattern I love, Multnomah, but when I got to the feather and fan I just kept going and going and going. I ended up with wonderfully long tails that make it great for wrapping and tying. 

 Next I totally reworked this hat. I had made it based on a pattern, but with different yarn and needles. So my size was WAY off, even though I thought I'd allowed for the differences. The hat ended up about half an inch above Hannah's ears. This version fits perfectly.


And then I finished this hat. No pattern, it's all improvised. Hannah modeled it last night...

And this morning I added the ears. This picture is the closest to the actual color. It's a lovely greenish grey. 


Woohoo! three finished objects on one weekend! And that was besides washing 5 loads of laundry and making cornbread to eat with the butter beans my friend Amy cooked in this...
Yummy!!!

A wonderful weekend indeed!


1 comment:

  1. OMG i love the shawl on the top! great colors and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete